Friday, August 21, 2015

Last Day of Summer Vacation

     This has been, technically, my first summer off! Last summer I tutored a lot and previous summers I worked. When I was teaching in Utah, we had school year-round so I had 3 weeks off at a time, but it was spread out over the whole year (which I miss because that was awesome). With the new school year approaching, I feel comfortable knowing I have all the back to school supplies I need, although some of which are still in the mail from Amazon. I spent a large part of the summer on a job search that resulted in approximately 6 interviews, but no job offers. While disappointed initially, I am now excited to go back to preschool and step it up a notch from last year.
     My plan is to document in detail the learning journey, for myself and my students, on this blog. While classroom photos can be tricky because you can't show students' faces, I will get creative! I usually take about 400 or more pictures of my class per year. While I haven't been able to get into my class and start working on my room yet, I found this old picture of my first bulletin board from Rosamond Elementary and thought I'd share (this was before I added pics of everyone next to their name).

No comments:

Post a Comment