Saturday, January 23, 2016

Participation via distance and technology!

We had a "Read With Me Daddy" event on Friday which featured the book Giraffes Can't Dance. One student in my morning class had a dad that was disappointed he couldn't attend because he works every day. A few days before, her mom, who volunteers in our room regularly, said dad was very techy and wanted to record a book reading to show on our Smartboard, and would I be interested in that. Boy, was I! I had a "why-didn't-I-think-of-that?" moment! Mom recorded on her phone, they put it on a flash drive, and I previewed it to make sure the program would work on our Smartboard and that the sound was loud enough. It was great! Mom and Dad kept it a surprise so my student was very excited to see the video of her dad:)
I was so excited about this use of technology to incorporate more parent involvement in the classroom and plan to invite parents to do it anytime in my next newsletter!

No comments:

Post a Comment